As you are aware, on 1 April 2021, AIA Australia will legally complete the transfer of The Colonial Mutual Life Assurance Society (“CMLA”)’s life insurance business to AIA Australia (“AIAA”) under Part 9 of the Life Insurance Act 1995 (“the Transfer”).
Due to our previous obligations, some of our key systems were unable to be integrated earlier. As a result, a number of our CMLA systems will be unavailable for approximately 1 day on 1 April 2021, meaning any financial advisers or delegated staff who try to access the systems will not be able to.
Impacted operations include:
- Completing a quote
- Completing an inforce client list report
- Downloading a certificate of currency
While our systems are down, you can still contact our call centre team on 1800 805 686 Monday to Friday (8:00 am – 8:00 pm AEDT). While our team will also be unable to access the systems, and any request will not be fulfilled on the same day, you can:
- Request a manual quote for changes to an inforce policy
- Request a certificate of currency
- Request any information regarding your clients inforce policies
- Check on the status of an adjustment case that is being processed
- Check on the status of medical tests and reports.
NOTE: 1 April 2021 is a Thursday, which is followed by the Easter long weekend. Your requests will be impacted by the public holiday observation.
AIA Australia systems will not be impacted by the CMLA outage.