The higher your AIA Vitality Status as of 31 December 2021, the greater your value protection, which is used to calculate your refund benefit.
Here’s how it works:
- Platinum Status – 100 per cent value protection
- Gold Status – 75 per cent value protection
- Silver Status – 50 per cent value protection
- Bronze Status – ineligible for Extras Value Protect.
For example, if:
- You paid $500 in Extras Premiums.
- You hold AIA Vitality Gold Status (giving you 75 per cent value protection).
- You claimed $100 in Extras benefits.
Your 2021 Extras Value Protect refund would be calculated as: 75 per cent value protection applied to $500 premium, less $100 in claims, giving you $275 in refund benefit.
You can check your AIA Vitality Status by logging into the AIA Vitality website or app.