Another year, and based on adviser feedback, another successful event.
This year’s event followed the successful format from 2021 where we focused on three core topics: Regulatory outlook, small business success and personal wellbeing and resilience.
The event started with some light-hearted fun regarding Damien Mu’s shoes in the background with the chat box kicking into gear; we can confirm they’re Nike Air Force 1. After that, it was down to the serious stuff, with attendees raising many questions of which we were unable to answer all. As we shifted into Day two and three, the conversation centred on improving your business and individual elements with discussion on technology, resilience, empathy, and mental health.
Throughout the three days, we were able to include poll questions which provided us with some valuable insight. Firstly, we know that the majority of you thought our MC, Andrew Klein should be an AIA ambassador. Whilst we were having a little bit of fun here with the question, we did include other valuable polls.
What the polls indicated:
- Majority of respondents consider their own experiences to help staff and discussions with clients
- 80% of respondents considered themselves as resilient people
- Majority of respondents said their business was open to technological advancements, however when considering clients' responsiveness, many said their clients would only be somewhat open to advances such as artificial intelligence (AI)
- While open to technology, AIA’s DocuSign service which helps speed up the process for clients and advisers, was either not used (58% of respondents) or never heard of (10%).
- Many respondents don’t put much effort into their website to increase exposure with 48% doing minimal effort and 27% putting in no effort.
- With regards to how advisers have adjusted their business due to the challenges in the industry, 54% of respondents noted they’re selective of the types of clients they target.
This is an event we want to bring to advisers again, but we need your help. If you have any feedback on the event or who you’d like to see in future, please reach out to your AIA Australia Client Development Manager or Associate.