We know that carob isn't everyone's first choice. It's probably not even your second, third or fourth. But when prepared well, it can actually be a tasty alternative to chocolate, and just so you know, carob contains an entire alphabet of important vitamins.
- Vitamin A for healthy skin
- Vitamin B1 to help convert your food into energy
- Vitamin B2 for healthy hair and muscles
- Vitamin B3 for a healthy nervous system
- Vitamin D for stronger teeth and bones
- Vitamin E to help keep diseases like Alzheimer's at bay.
It's also caffeine-free and great for regulating your digestive system - perfect for a healthy treat.
Check out this delicious recipe for raw carob brownies, courtesy of The Australian Carob Co. They're delicious, easy to make, and totally free of sugar, gluten and dairy.