- Pack clothes that make you want to move. No matter the suitcase, my sneakers and active wear are always in it. Just having my exercise clothes with me encourages me to get moving. The key to this one is – put them where you can see them, don’t leave them in the suitcase.
- Explore on on foot. It is amazing how much more you discover when you walk around as opposed to travelling in a car. Check out what walking or cycling tours there are available and get involved.
- Plan your day. If you know you’ll spend the majority of your day lounging around the pool sipping cocktails, plan to get some exercise in at the beginning of the day – because let’s face it, one does not usually end happy hour with a gym session.
- Use what you’ve got. Swim in the pool, check out the on-site gym, download an app, and ask the hotel if they have any fun activities you can sign up for.
- Fill up on the good stuff first. Your hotel booking includes a daily buffet breakfast? Great! On your first trip to the buffet load your plate with fruit, muesli and yogurt. On your second trip consider eggs, avocado, wholemeal toast and anything green. Still hungry?? Go for whatever you can still squeeze in.
- Choose your drinks mindfully – remember many cocktails are loaded with sugar. Have a look at the menu and choose a drink that doesn’t have heaps of ingredients, (preferably one that doesn’t have added sugar). If you’re extra good, top up your glass with soda water, this will extend your drink and lower the calories.
- Stay hydrated. It’s easy to forget to drink water while you’re away but it is SO important. Grab your favourite bottle, fill it up with water and keep it with you at all times.
But most importantly – it’s your holiday, enjoy yourself and never ever beat yourself up if things didn’t go exactly to plan. There’s always tomorrow.
Our AIA Vitality Coach is also on hand to support you in getting the most out of AIA Vitality for your business and clients, and integrating health and wellbeing into your value proposition. If you would like to make an appointment with the AIA Vitality Coach, contact your CDM or CDA today.
This is general information only without taking into account the circumstances of any individual. It is not intended as medical, health or other advice. AIA Vitality does not warrant that this information is complete, accurate, up to date or non-misleading. For specific questions about any medical matters you should consult your doctor or other healthcare professionals.