See why being in control of your finances is one of the five fundamentals of a good life.
Financial wellbeing essential to overall wellbeing
- Career wellbeing: Liking how you occupy your time at work
- Social wellbeing: Having great relationships and love in your life
- Physical wellbeing: Having good health and enough energy to be productive
- Community wellbeing: Engaging with the area you live in
- Financial wellbeing: Effectively managing your finances
Key steps to take control of your finances
- List your concerns: Take stock of all current areas of concern in your life. This might mean listing your assets and liabilities, relationship issues, and any concerns you have about your physical health. “It’s just having that big snapshot of your current situation,” Matthew says. “You can’t really move forward unless you know where you’re at.”
- Set goals: Once you’ve identified your concerns, set goals in those areas so you can start to work towards them.
- Make a plan: Finally, map out a plan to achieve those goals. This might include identifying the best help to enlist to ensure you achieve your goals.
Enlisting professional support to achieve financial wellbeing
What to expect from a financial planner
Copyright © 2022 AIA Financial Services Pty Limited (ABN 68 008 540 252, AFSL 231109), trading as AIA Financial Wellbeing. All rights reserved. This information is current at the date of this publication and is subject to change. This provides general information only, without taking into account factors like the objectives, financial situations, needs or personal circumstances of any individual and is not intended to be financial, legal, tax, health, medical, nutritional or other advice. Before acting on the information in this publication, individuals should consider its appropriateness having regard to such factors.