Investing in the health and wellbeing of employees can save businesses billions of dollars every year. In Australia, on average, absenteeism and presenteeism costs Australian businesses over $10 million a year*, so identifying and addressing risks to employee health is critical to business success.
We think it’s important to understand, measure and ultimately improve wellbeing in the workplace. That’s why we have created Australia’s Healthiest Workplace by AIA Vitality.
*AIA Vitality/Vitality Health/Rand Europe 2017
DID YOU KNOW?
- 43.7 days are lost per employee (through presenteeism and absenteeism) in Australia every year**
- 26% of employees report getting less than 7 hours of sleep a night**
- 16% of Australian employees are exceeding the national alcohol consumption guidelines**
- 9% of respondents are smokers, compared to 13% of the national average**
- On average, Australian employees’ Vitality age is 3.4 years OLDER than their actual age.
** 2017 Australia’s Healthiest Workplace survey by AIA Australia
WHAT IS AUSTRALIA’S HEALTHIEST WORKPLACE?
Australia’s Healthiest Workplace (AHW) is a comprehensive survey of the health and wellbeing of employees. In 2017 we had over 210 employers and 10,000 employees participate in this survey.
It gives employers useful insights to improve health and wellbeing within the workplace. Participating employees’ health is measured, including exercise, nutrition and stress, to calculate their ‘health’ (AIA Vitality) age, as a comparison to their actual (chronological) age. Employees receive a personal health report immediately after completing the survey. We’ve designed AHW to use in your organisation in addition to using as a value add with your employer groups.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING
There are a number of benefits of participating in the 2018 Australia’s Healthiest Workplace survey – you will understand:
- The overall health and wellbeing profile of your workforce in terms of lifestyle, clinical indicators, mental health and stress
- How your organisation’s wellness facilities are used, and how effective they are in improving employees’ health
- How your workplace compares to other participating employers
- How to boost your business performance by increasing productivity and attract the best talent in your field
- How to establish best practice solutions to inform future HR strategies
- How this survey can act as an annual health benchmark for your workplace.
The AHW survey and results are completely complimentary to your organisation, and any of the employer groups you’d like to invite to participate.